Wednesday 16 March 2011

Finally back in the swim..

Book two went off to the agent last night - at last.  2 weeks late after deadline - horrors.  There is now a reasonable chance I may be able to blog again on a regular basis.

Am not planning to start Book three just yet, but as ever, when you're near the end of one book or finished, the next one starts jumping around in the head.  Noticed that, anyone?

At this point, I jot notes.  My rule is, write down everything I can remember about what was leaping about in my head last night in bed.  Then it'll be out of my head again.  Ditto every time ideas start to flit.  Then, when I sit down to work out what I'm going to do with the book, it'll be halfway done for me already.

That's the message for today.  Don't rely on your memory.  Write it down.

Doesn't matter if you don't use it in the end - most ideas don't get used when you think you're going to use them.  Eventually they will come into their own.  Worth making sure you keep them somewhere.

Back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment